Sunday, April 17, 2011

Top 10 Movie Songs and Themes

I have decided to do a list of the top 10 movie songs from scores. This means work by Hans Zimmer, Danny Elfman, John Williams, and Howard Shore. I love movie scores, so this is a hard list for me.
10. Injection by Hans Zimmer: Mission Impossible 2

So epic and full of win. Much like all of Zimmer's work. But this one is unique for making the second the best in the series.
9. Where is my Mind? The Pixies: Fight Club

One of the defining qualities of the music on this list is there from great movies. This defined the ending of one of my favorite movies of all time.
8. Godfather Theme: The Godfather

Although I haven't seen this film(seriously) I have heard this song and The Godfather is considered one of the greatest films of all time. This is one of the most beautiful and tragic movie themes.
7. Shawshank Redemption Stoic Theme: The Shawshank Redemption

Probably the best film of all time in my opinion, The Shawshank Redemption is truly a hallmark of both american cinema and shows just how talented Stephen King truly is. The theme is perfect and tragic.
6. Back to the Future Theme: Back to the Future

Back to the Future is a perfect movie. It's funny and awesome at the same time. The theme has embedded itself in my mind forever.
5. Old Souls, Dream is Collapsing, and Time tie: Inception



By far the best movie of 2010 and the best science fiction movie since 2009's Star Trek, the soundtrack of this film is one of Hans Zimmer's many masterpieces. It would be too hard to debate over which track is truly the best so I cheated and threw them all in there.
4. Batman Theme and Why so Serious?: Batman and The Dark Knight


Both are awesome themes but one is old and one is new. They both beat the now iconic batman tv show theme.
3. Indiana Jones Theme

Classic. One of William's best themes.
2. Halloween Theme

Scary thrilling fun. Whenever it kicks in you know someone will die.
1. Star Wars Theme

The theme that defines movies as we know it. One of the best and obviously a classic. It's definitly my favorite.
Honorable Mentions
Superman

Harry Potter

Spiderman

No comments:

Post a Comment